Create User Account - Version 8.7 and Above
Every ControlUp user needs to set up a ControlUp account. Follow the procedure below to create your user account.
Prior to beginning the registration process, make sure that the machine on which you plan to run the Real-Time Console has access to the required URLs, to ensure that you are able to receive email. The registration process includes 2-step verification with a passcode that is sent by email.
Register as a new user of ControlUp
To create a ControlUp user account, register as a new user of ControlUp as follows:
- Open ControlUp for the first time. The following dialog box is displayed.
- Click Register with ControlUp. The Register with ControlUp dialog box opens.
- Enter the requested information.
- Click Continue. The Validate your email address dialog box opens.
- Check the email address which appears in the dialog box. If it is your corporate email address spelled correctly, Click OK .If the email address is not correct, click X to exit the dialog box. Retry entering your email address correctly in the Register with ControlUp dialog box.
- Upon validation of your email address, an OTP verfication email is sent to you and the Email Verification Required dialog box is displayed.
- Check if you received the OTP verification email. If you received the email, proceed to Step 9. If you did not receive the email, click Resend link to try again.
Depending on your email provider, the verification email may be flagged as spam and not appear in your inbox. Before clicking Resend passcode, check if the email is in a spam or junk folder.
- Enter the passcode you receive by email into the Passcode field in the Email Verification Required dialog box.
- Click Continue.
Once you have finished registering as a new user, proceed to log in to ControlUp.