Deploy Remote DX - Dell Wyse (Citrix/VMware)
Remote DX now has built-in support for Dell Wyse devices with our new Dell Wyse plugin. After you deploy the plugin, you will be able to see client device metrics for your Dell Wyse device in Real-Time DX and Solve.
You can deploy and distribute the Remote DX via the WMS (by updating a group policy) or you can manually deploy the plugin on your Dell thin client.
This plug-in has not been fully tested by the ControlUp team and may not be as stable as our fully supported Remote DX integrations. This means that our support team can't commit to standard resolution times if any issues arise needing their attention.
To see a list of supported devices, click here.
Supported Client Software
The plugin is compatible with
- Citrix Workspace App
- VMware Horizon
Install Remote DX on the Local Device
You can install Remote DX locally on your device, without using the Dell Wyse Management Suite (WMS)
To install the plugin locally:
- Download the Remote DX plugin from our Download Center. You can find the link for both VMware and Citrix from which you can download the plugin under the Remote DX tab, then click Dell Wyse ThinOS.
- In the Admin Policy Tool, click Browse and upload the pkg file which you can find in the downloaded zip file.
- Select the package file you want to deploy and click Open
- Accept the EULA and wait until the package is uploaded.
- Click Save & Publish
Install Remote DX from the WMS
If you deploy Remote DX the first time, you need to upload the Remote DX package in the Wyse Management Suite (WMS).
- In the WMS, click the Groups & Configs tab
- From the Edit Policies drop-down menu, click ThinOS 9.x
- In the Configuration Control wizard, click Settings > Advanced
- Click Firmware > Application Package Updates
- Click Browse and upload the pkg file that you can find in the downloaded zip file.
- Under Third Party, scroll down to Third Party and you can see ControlUp VDI Agent. Check the box next to the version you want to deploy
- Click Save & Publish.Note
After the plugin is installed, the thin client will be restarted