Edge DX Agent Distribution and Installation
You must install the Edge DX Agent on all the end-user devices which you want to monitor with Edge DX. As soon as the Agent is installed on a device, the device starts communicating with Edge DX.
Install the Edge DX Agent
To install the Edge DX Agent on your device:
- Click to access the Configuration section of the Edge DX user interface.
The Configuration menu opens.
- Click Downloads in the Configuration menu.
The Downloads page opens.
- Note the Device Registration Code and the Tenant Name at the top of the Downloads page. You will need these details later in the installation process.
- Refer to the following further instructions for your operating system:
On the Downloads page, to the right of the operating system options, click the arrow to display additional information about Agent installation options for each operating system.
For IGEL OS, the Download option is not available, and you must use one of the installation options displayed when you click the arrow to the right of IGEL OS Agent.
For instructions on installing the Edge DX Agent on your HP ThinPro device, see Edge DX Agent Installation for HP ThinPro.
Edge DX Agent Manager
When you download the Edge DX Agent for Windows and macOS, the Edge DX Agent Manager is installed along with the Edge DX Agent. The Agent Manager ensures that the Agent is kept updated.
Edge DX Agent Distribution
To distribute the Edge DX Agent to end-user devices, use any of the following methods:
- Distribute the Edge DX Agent, tenant name, and device registration code through an internal file share solution or by email.
- Distribute the Edge DX Agent as an application, using a management solution such as Microsoft Intune or Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
- Copy the Edge DX Agent into a master image that is used to provision new devices for users.