Export and Import Scouts
You can export a Scout and the Scout's configuration when creating a new Scout. This can be useful for:
- Creating multiple Scouts from a template. For example, using Web Transactions Scouts to test similar workflows on a SaaS application.
- Copying a Scout to a different ControlUp organization.
Export a Scout
To export a Scout:
- Go to the Scout you want to export and click Edit Scout.
- Click the Export icon in the top-right corner.
The Scout configuration file is downloaded.
Note that you can also export a Scout from the Scout creation page before you have saved the Scout.
Import a Scout
To import a Scout:
- Click Create Scout.
- Click the Import icon in the top-right corner and select a Scout configuration file that was previously exported.
- Select whether you want to import the list of Hives running the Scout.
The Scout details are imported from the configuration file. Perform any changes you need to make and save the Scout.