Managed Computers Requirements
What are Managed Machines?
Whenever you want to monitor a machine with ControlUp, we use the term managed machine. You must install the ControlUp Agent on a Windows machine so that ControlUp can monitor that machine. For Linux machines, no ControlUp Agent must be installed as we gather the information from an SSH connection and a lightweight component named Linux Data Collector.
Which Managed Machines are Supported?
We support managed computers that run the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 (or 8.1)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008. Full Installation only. The Core Edition is not supported.
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016. Core and full installation.
- Windows Server 2019. Full installation only.
Prerequisites for Managed Machines
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.
- A single inbound TCP port (40705 by default) for incoming console and monitor communications.
- ControlUp requires RPC access for remote agent installation and a single configurable incoming TCP port open (40705 by default) for agent communication. In case your managed computers are inaccessible using RPC, you can deploy the ControlUp Agent using an MSI package.
For more details about ports used in ControlUp, refer to the following in accordance with your ControlUp deployment mode: