VDI and DaaS Reports
Reports are available in Solve only if you use ControlUp Hybrid Cloud. If you use ControlUp On-Premises, use Insights On-Premises to view historical data.
Use our new data pipeline reports to analyze real-time VDI and DaaS data in your environment. Data pipeline reports reduce the time that it takes for aggregated data to display in widgets and charts. Your data is ready to view from a few seconds to about 2 minutes after the data is retrieved by ControlUp Monitors. By streamlining our data integration process, data pipeline reports support higher data resolution for large-scale organizations.
With our reports, you can identify trends about user activity, system health, and application usage. Use the data from the report metrics to take actions to optimize your environment, and improve system functionality and the user experiences throughout your organization.
You can now view both new data pipeline reports and legacy reports in our web UI (Solve and app.controlup.com) to analyze data in your ControlUp environment.
Prerequisites for new data pipeline reports
- Upgrade to ControlUp version 8.8 Maintenance Release and Solve.
- Add the respective URL to your allow list based on your region:
For details on adding URLs, see Communication Ports Used By ControlUp: Hybrid Cloud.
After you complete the prerequisites, it will take us a few days to set up, including migrating your data upload to the new data pipeline. You will be notified by our team once we move your organization and your new reports are ready to view.
Note that approximately 30 days after we migrate your data upload, data collected by the ControlUp Monitors will be displayed only in the new report format and not in Insights.
When viewing historical data in the new reports, if you select a time range prior to when your organization’s data was migrated to the new pipeline, you will see the report in legacy format for that time range.
To access the new data pipeline reports from Solve, click the reports icon.
To access the new data pipeline reports from app.controlup.com, click the VDI & DaaS icon.
> Reports tab.
Data pipeline reports display metrics according to the following time granularity you select:
|Under 24 hours||5 minutes|
|From 24 hours to 30 days||1 hour|
|Over 30 days||1 day (UTC 00:00 - 00:00)|
If you select a time range prior to when your organization’s data upload was migrated to the new data pipeline, you see a legacy report for that time range.
Legacy Report Format
Current limitations include:
- Top Insights report is available only in Insights.
- All Citrix Reports are only in the legacy data format in Solve and in Insights.
- You can access only the Machines and Hosts views in the Environment Assessment report.
Stay tuned for the other views to be available soon. All other views are still available in Insights.
The legacy reports might not include all the widgets and features of the new report format.
You select reports from the dropdown menu on the Reports view. You can also select which report is the default for the view.
To change the default report:
- Select the report from the dropdown.
- Click the three dots to the right of the report name.
- Click Set as default. The house icon now appears next to the report you selected.
You can set any of the following options to change the metrics displayed in your report:
Time Range. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, select from the time period options available for the report. For most reports, the options range from the most previous 4 hours to 1 year.
For reports that display time range charts, you can click and drag the mouse across a specific time period on a chart to zoom in on that time period.
Cursor Follower. To simultaneously display the metrics from all of the widgets in a report on the popover of each widget, select the Cursor follower. Use this feature to quickly compare multiple metrics on the data points of a widget without moving your cursor to other widgets.
Top Consumers and Distribution. You can toggle between the Top Consumers list and the Distribution graph (Utilization Range) for each data point, and view values for earlier or later data points by clicking the arrows next to the timestamp.
Presets. Depending on what kind of information you want to view, you can select from the out-of-the-box presets already created for the report. For example, the Session Activity historical report includes presets for:
- Session Activity. Shows all session data.
- Session Resources. Shows the resource usage of the session.
- Session UX. Shows data about how the session performed for the end user.
You can also create your own custom presets to include additional columns to display, with the filters and time range you apply when you work in your custom preset. When you view a report with a custom preset selected, any changes you make are saved to the preset.
For example, if you create a preset and add a filter, that filter is saved to the preset. The next time you select to view that preset, the same filter is applied.
For more information about presets, see Column Presets.
The column picker works the same as in the Discovery grid, and enables you to select which columns to view from the available columns for each report.
You can export data from widgets and grids. To download the data as a CSV or PDF file, click the Export report icon on the top right of the report page or grid.
You can also choose to export the data as an automated report to email recipients that you choose. To set the report as automated, in the Export Report dialog box, click Set as Automated Report. Add email recipient(s) to the Send to list as needed, and set the Schedule and Hour to send the automated report.
Data Pipeline Report Details
You can view the following data pipeline reports. The list includes details of the new enhancements for each report that are available to view only from new data pipeline reports:
User Activity Reports
- Session Activity. Includes new columns and column presets to display additional session activity data on the grid.
- Session Count. Displays additional machines count data series.
- Logon Duration. Displays the distribution of logon duration metrics for each logon phase.
- Protocol Trends. Displays protocol trends data in additional protocol view.
System Health Reports
- Machine Trends. Includes additional GPU Utilization chart.
- Machine Statistics. Includes new columns and column presets to display additional machine statistics data on the grid.
- Host Trends. Displays resource consumption trends for virtualization hosts by summarizing the performance metrics for different hosts over time.
- Host Statistics. Includes new columns to display additional host statistics data on the grid.
- Top Windows Errors. Displays the rate of Windows errors recorded on machines in your organization and how these errors were distributed throughout the month you select.
- App Statistics. Displays application statistics data in additional monthly view. Includes new columns to display additional data on the grid.
- App Usage Details. Displays application usage details for multiple applications. Displays additional group usage details by user or by machine.
- App Trends. Includes additional GPU Utilization, Disk Utilization, and Network Utilization charts.
You can currently view the following reports only in legacy format:
Top Insights (available only in Insights)