Windows Remote DX Installation
This article covers how to install the Remote DX plugin on Windows devices.
For an overview of Remote DX and the client device metrics you can monitor, visit Remote DX Overview and Client Metrics.
Visit the Remote DX Support Matrix to see which versions of Windows are supported on each VDA platform.
Download Remote DX
Download the Windows Remote RX plugin for your VDA platform.
- Go to our Download Center for all Remote DX download options.
- Go to https://controlup.com/remotedx for a friendlier website that you can send to your users to help them install Remote DX onto their devices. This site has:
- Fewer download options
- Step-by-step instructions
- Walkthrough videos
Install Remote DX
You can install Remote DX using two methods:
- Manual GUI install
- Command line install
Both installation methods require Windows administrator privileges.
Manual GUI Install
- Run the downloaded Remote DX file.
- In the installation wizard, select which private user data you want Remote DX to collect. If you select a metric using the checkbox, then Remote DX collects that metric.
- Complete the installation wizard.
Command Line Install
Install Remote DX using the following command. Note that this example shows the command to install the Citrix plugin. You might need to change the file name to the file you downloaded.
/privacyparameter. Read below for details.
Optionally, add the following parameters to the command:
/silent- The installation progress window is displayed, but the installation wizard is not
/verysilent- Nothing is displayed to the user during installation
/privacy- Specifies to not to collect certain private user metrics. Set this parameter to one or more of the following values. The example below shows how to use this parameter.
inactivityto not measure inactivity duration
locationto not record the device location
ispnameto not record the ISP name of the network connection
wifissidto not record the wireless network SSID
curdx_windows_citrix.exe /verysilent /privacy=inactivity,location,ispname,wifissid /user=current/all