In case you have already installed ControlUp On-Premises V6 without the Insights module, you can add it, here is a procedure for that:
Note: Before you start, please verify that you have set the correct Activity files shared folder (which you defined during the on-premises Installation wizard) by checking the registry on the ControlUp on-premises application Server.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Smart-X\ControlupServer\IOP and verify the ServerName & Shared Folder keys are configured correctly with the IOP server name and the location of the shared folder.
Steps for Installation:
1. Stop the Monitor service from the ControlUp Console (Settings ->Monitors Settings -> Stop)
2. Delete Old activity data, which the monitor might created (before having IOP), from the Monitor computer:
- Delete all entries under: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Smart-X\ControlUp\HistoricalReportingPackages
- Delete all content from: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\ControlUp\CacheActivity
3. Install Insights module as explained in the On-Premises Installation Guide v6 (page33) - Click here
Important Note: Please make sure the computer account of the IOP server has both read NTFS and share permissions on the file share. (activity files shared folder) Unless changed the default account is "local system" which should use the computer account to do anything remotely. If you have a service account then that needs to have read NTFS and Share file permissions.
4. Please give modify permissions (Both share and NTFS permissions) to the primary AD account defined in the Identity settings of the monitor, on the shared folder of the data activity files.
5. Verify that the IOP share folder is configured in the SharedFolder registry key on the on-premises server under: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Smart-X\ControlUpServer\IOP
6. Start the Monitor service using the ControlUp console (or services.msc).
7. After restarting the monitor, it should be Green and the Data Upload in the Summary Tab should show “last upload on…” of current time and date.
7. On the IOP side, if the location of the shared activity files folder has changed, or it seems ther IOP is not reading any files from the shared files folder, you need to update the path in the configuration file (inputs.conf) located here - C:\Program Files\Smart-X\ControlUp Insights\etc\apps\controlup_iop\local
8. Once the changes are saved in the configuration file, please restart the IOP service