In case you have already installed ControlUp On-Premises V7 without the Insights module, you can add it, here is a procedure for that:
1. Please verify that you have set the correct Activity files shared folder (which you defined during the on-premises Installation wizard) by checking the registry on the ControlUp on-premises application Server.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Smart-X\ControlupServer\IOP and verify the ServerName & Shared Folder keys are configured correctly with the IOP server name and the location of the shared folder. 2. Stop the Monitor service from the ControlUp Console (Settings ->Monitors Settings -> Stop)
3. Delete Old activity data, which the monitor might created (before having IOP), from the Monitor computer:
- Delete all entries under: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Smart-X\ControlUp\HistoricalReportingPackages
- Delete all content from: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\ControlUp\CacheActivity
1. Computer account of the IOP server - Reading permissions on both NTFS and Security on the file share. (activity files shared folder).
2. User Running the Monitor (primary AD account defined in the Identity settings of the monitor) - Read & Write permissions on both NTFS and Security on the file share.
1. Install Insights module as explained in the On-Premises Installation Guide v7 (page33) - Click here
2. Start the Monitor service using the ControlUp console (or services.msc).
3. After restarting the monitor, it should be Green and the Data Upload in the Summary Tab should show “last upload on…” of current time and date. (only after 30 minutes) 4. On the IOP side, if the location of the shared activity files folder has changed, or it seems like IOP is not reading any files from the shared files folder, you need to update the shared folder path:
- either from the UI Itself: Settings-->Activity Folder
or using the configuration file (inputs.conf) located here - C:\Program Files\Smart-X\ControlUp Insights\etc\apps\controlup_iop\local5. Once the changes are saved in the configuration file, please restart the IOP service Please Note: The Activity Files Folder UNC Share should NOT include $ sign.