Upgrading ControlUp for Online implementations is easy! Simply follow these steps:
1. Download the ControlUp console from our website - www.controlup.com
- Before launching the new Console, open your existing Console and disable auto-connect options, then in Agent settings turn off "Deploy Agents automatically" and "Agents will be uninstalled automatically."
- Launch the Console and upgrade your Agents. You can choose to upgrade all Agent by right-clicking the top folder selecting Agent control and Upgrade, or you can do each folder individually as you choose.
- If you have deployed Agents via MSI, then you must perform an upgrade via MSI as well. You can find the most recent versions of the MSI installers here.
Agent Backward Compatibility (supported from 7.3v of ControlUp Console)
- ControlUp Console is now able to connect to computers running older versions of ControlUp Agent, supporting continuous monitoring and gradual rollout of new agent versions.
- Minimum supported agent version: 7.1
- Agents configured as dedicated data collectors (for hypervisors, XenDesktop, AWS, NetScaler) do not support down-level versions and require version 7.3
3. Upgrade the monitor from settings -> monitor settings -> Upgrade