The Agent Settings tab of the Settings window allows you to select your preferred agent installation options:
- Deploy agents automatically - When this option is checked (Default) the ControlUp agent will automatically be deployed when computers are added to the console. In addition, when the console version is different than the agent version, the agent will automatically upgrade to console version. If a computer is defined in the console tree but the agent doesn't exist on the endpoint the monitor will also reach out and try to deploy the agents. (Note: For this to work the AD account used by the monitor would need admin rights on the computers to deploy the agent)
- Check ping – by default, all selected computers are pinged before agent distribution to ensure connectivity. If your managed computers do not respond to ICMP traffic, you may uncheck the “Check Ping Reply” checkbox in the Add Computers window.
- Prerequisites check – by default, all selected computers are tested for .Net Framework presence before agents are distributed. This test may be bypassed by unchecking the “Check Pre-requisites” checkbox.
- Default TCP port (40705 by default) - You may select a custom TCP port number for client communications using the “Listen on port” field in the bottom right corner of the window. Please ensure the port number you select is not utilized for any other applications on your network
- Auto-Connect Interval – determines the time span between attempts to reconnect to agents if the “auto-connect” checkbox is enabled.
- Agents will be uninstalled automatically when not used - When this option is enabled, the agent will be automatically uninstalled if the console or monitor is not connected to the agent for 5 min. (Note: In case of “ControlUp Monitor” monitoring this computer, the agent will not uninstall)
- Download Agent MSI – use this link to download standalone MSI packages for agent installation.