The objective of this report is to allow the administrator to analyze resource consumption trends for virtualization hosts by displaying the distribution of performance metrics for different hosts over time. This report answers questions such as:
- What was the average CPU utilization in the vSphere cluster this morning?
- What was the peak I/O utilization of HOST05 yesterday?
- Which VM was accountable for irregular RAM consumption on one of the hosts?
This report displays the following charts:
- CPU Utilization – displays the average CPU utilization of the selected hosts (by default, for the entire organization)
- RAM Utilization – displays the average RAM utilization of the selected hosts
- I/O Utilization – displays the average I/O utilization for the selected hosts
- I/O Latency – displays the average read and write I/O latency for the selected hosts
- Network Usage – displays the average sent and received network usage for the selected hosts
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
- This report may display data in two modes, configurable using a drop-down at the top of the report:
- One line per folder – each series on each chart represents a specific ControlUp folder
- One line per host – each series on each chart represents a specific host
- The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown.
- The hosts selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on specific hosts in your ControlUp organization.
- Any data point in the charts can be clicked to reveal the minimum, average, and maximum values for any data series.
- When clicked, any data point in the charts will reveal the top consumers for that counter at the given point in time.
- The series names in the charts legends can be clicked to highlight or toggle the series on the charts.
More details about Data Resolution in Insights Reports can be found here