ControlUpConsole.exe is the main executable used for data display and task invocation. There is no setup routine necessary in order to start using ControlUp. Just download the executable and run it on your admin station or a management server.
ControlUp console was tested on:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016.
The only software prerequisite for the console is Microsoft .NET 4.5. Please ensure this prerequisite is met before running ControlUp or when upgrading from older (pre-v6) versions of ControlUp.
ControlUp Console is the primary user interface for monitoring and managing your resources.
- The Console requires no database.
- All the data you see in it is stored in RAM, which allows for blazingly fast manipulation of data. As a result, ControlUp Console memory usage can be intensive, depending on the number of managed machines.
- A RAM footprint of about 1GB (Working Set) is normal when managing an enterprise with up to 500 live user sessions, while thousands of sessions can bring the console’s RAM usage up to several gigabytes.
In larger environments we recommend using a high-performance server for running the console. There are also some performance optimizations you should consider in order to reduce the amount of resources used by ControlUp Console. Please refer to the Advanced Settings documentation page for more details.