How is the number of licensed objects calculated?
ControlUp can monitor and manage a wide variety of resources/objects in the virtual and/or physical datacenters.
ControlUp continuously counts the total number of objects that are currently being monitored, and requires a number of licenses that adequately cover the size of the environment.
- Agent based Managed VMs/Computers – These are VMs and/or computers in which a ControlUp agent is running.
- XenApp/TS/RDSH Servers - The number of peak concurrent sessions that are running on the XenApp/TS/RDSH servers.
- Workstations / VDI – 1 license per windows workstation, virtual or physical (whether there is a user session or not on that VM/Computer).
- Other Windows Servers - 1 license per windows server OS, virtual or physical.
- Agentless Managed VMs/cloud instances – These are VMs and/or cloud instances that are monitored via the hypervisor API and/or XenDesktop Broker API and/or cloud connection API with no ControlUp agent running on that VM / Cloud instance.
- Agentless Managed VM (Windows or Linux) - 1 license per powered on agentless managed VM.
- Cloud Instances (Windows or Linux) - 1 license per running cloud instance.
For example, if you are monitoring a XenApp farm on which 800 user sessions are currently running and in addition you monitor 300 VDI workstations and 400 VMs you will need a total license of 1500 licensed objects.