ControlUp Insights features the following reports:
User Sessions Count
The objective of this report is to allow the administrator to analyze the system usage trends by displaying the number of user sessions established in the network at any point in time, along with the historical distribution of sessions by status. This report will answer questions such as:
- How many users were logged into the system at 10:00 AM on Monday?
- How many disconnected sessions are left on the servers at the end of a workday?
The first “Total sessions and computers” chart displays the number of concurrent user sessions and the number of monitored computers for the selected time period (1 week by default). This graph includes two data series:
- Total user sessions – the total count of user sessions established on all monitored computers in the selected folders (entire organization by default)
- Connected computers – the total count of monitored computers on which the user sessions were established
The number of computers is a useful reference, which may help explain changes to the total number of user sessions. For example, if new servers were added for monitoring, you will see an increase in both the computers count and the user sessions count.
The second “Sessions count by status” displays the historical distribution of all user sessions by status (active, idle, disconnected). This report includes four data series:
- Active sessions
- Idle sessions
- Disconnected sessions
- Other sessions
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
- The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown.
- Any data point can be clicked to reveal the minimum, average, and maximum values for any data series.
- The series names in the charts legends can be clicked to highlight or toggle the series on the charts.
More details about Data Resolution in Insights Reports can be found here