The objective of this report is to allow the administrator to analyze resource consumption trends for monitored computers by displaying the distribution of performance metrics for different computers over time. This report answers questions such as:
- What was the average CPU utilization in the server farm this morning?
- What was the peak I/O utilization of SERVER05 yesterday?
- Which process was accountable for irregular RAM consumption on the file server?
This report displays the following charts:
- CPU Utilization – displays the average CPU utilization of the selected computers (by default, for the entire organization)
- RAM Utilization – displays the average RAM utilization of the selected computers
- I/O Utilization – displays the average read and write I/O utilization for the selected computers
- Network Usage – displays the average sent and received network usage for the selected computers
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
- This report may display data in two modes, configurable using a drop-down at the top of the report:
- One line per folder – each series on each chart represents a specific ControlUp folder
- One line per computer – each series on each chart represents a specific computer
- The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown.
- The computers selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on specific computers in your ControlUp organization.
- Any data point in the charts can be clicked to reveal the minimum, average, and maximum values for any data series.
- When clicked, any data point in the charts will reveal the top consumers for that counter at the given point in time.
- The series names in the charts legends can be clicked to highlight or toggle the series on the charts.
Here are screenshots taken from the Computer Trends Report:
More details about Data Resolution in Insights Reports can be found here