You see an error which describes an issue to upload data to S3 (insights server), you log in to ControlUp Insights but do not see any data.
You do not have access to ControlUp servers from the server where the ControlUp Monitor service is installed on. Because of that, no data is being uploaded.
Please allow access to the following servers via https:
* The IPs might change according to AWS policies
- fe1.controlup.com - 220.127.116.11
- fe2.controlup.com - 18.104.22.168
- fe3.controlup.com - 22.214.171.124
- fe4.controlup.com - 126.96.36.199
- US Load Balancers:
- rt-app.controlup.com - 188.8.131.52
- rt-app.controlup.com - 184.108.40.206
- EU Load Balancers:
- rt-app.controlup.com - 220.127.116.11
- rt-app.controlup.com - 18.104.22.168
NOTE: The AWS URL is essential for data upload to Insights. The dynamic IP range of the S3 URL changes according to AWS policies.
Note - customers that use the limited availability 8.x version should add insights-hec.controlup.com:443 as well to the exception list. At the moment, the IP is dynamic for this URL.
Test Connections to the Insights data uploading server:
- Try ControlUp Cloud Tester from here:
Test Connectivity - To CU Servers.
Test Upload to S3 - connection to Amazon's S3 bucket.
- Open IE and browse successfully to https://uploads.controlup.com.s3.amazonaws.com, if you get the following screens it's working as expected:
To test the connection to our configuration servers:
Go to this URL via browser - https://rt-app.controlup.com
If it's working as expected, you will get the following screens: