The objective of this report is to allow administrators to analyze the usage details of an application (e.g OUTLOOK.EXE) or a specific version (e.g OUTLOOK.EXE 15.0.4783.1000) by showing the number of instances that were used in the selected time frame and how many unique users used it. This report answers questions such as:
- How many concurrent instances of an application have been utilized in my organization?
- What are the peak times during which applications are heavily utilized? Are they recurring, or caused by specific users?
- Can savings be driven by procuring less than the utilized amount of application licenses?
- How was the CPU affected by users launching a business application at 4:00 PM?
- Can slowness reported by a user around 9:00 AM be attributed to a resource bottleneck caused by the user’s applications, or to other activity on the same server?
The lower grid gives more details about users who actually used the selected application:
- User Name – Name of the user running a selected application
- Total Instances - The total number of application instances that were run by a user in the selected time range
- Total Duration (hours) - The total period of time during which those application instances were run by the respective user
- Average Duration (hours) - The average period of time during which those application instances were run by the respective user
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
- The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown.
- The computers selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on specific computers in your ControlUp organization.
- The application selection dropdown is mandatory. The administrator needs to select the application for which he or she would like to see usage details.
- Any data point in the charts can be clicked to reveal the minimum, average, and maximum values for any data series.
- When clicked, any data point in the charts will reveal the top consumers for that given point in time.