The objective of this report is to allow the administrator to analyze resource consumption for monitored computers by summarizing performance metrics per computer for a period of time. This report answers questions such as:
· What computers have the highest CPU consumption?
· What computers have the highest disk read/write latency?
· What computers are running out of disk space?
· Which computers are underutilizing their provisioned RAM?
The data grid in this report displays the following details for every computer:
1. Computer name - the target computer on which the session was established
2. Operating System – Operating system version
3. CPU Count – Number of CPUs
4. Memory – Amount of physical RAM installed on the computer
5. CPU (%) – Processor utilization percentage
6. Memory Utilization (%) – Memory utilization percentage
7. Disk Transfers per sec - The rate of read and write operations on the disk. (Disk Transfers / sec performance counter)
8. Disk Read Time (ms) - For all local disks, the average time, in milliseconds, of a read data from the disk. (Avg. Disk sec / Read performance counter)
9. Disk Write Time (ms) - For all local disks, the average time, in milliseconds, of a write of data to the disk. (Avg. Disk sec / Write performance counter)
10. Free Space on System Drive - The amount of free space available on the system drive.
11. Net Total (Mbps) - The rate at which data is sent and received over all Ethernet adapters, including framing characters. Net Total is based on the ‘Bytes Total/sec’ performance counter which is the sum of the values of Network InterfaceBytes Received/sec and Network Interface Bytes Sent/sec, converted to Mbps.
12. User Sessions - Number of concurrent user sessions on the machine, not including the system and services sessions.
By default, the grid is sorted by CPU in descending order.
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
· The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown.
· The metrics dropdown allows to choose what metrics to display – average, minimum or maximum. By default, the average metrics are shown.
· Any computer name can be clicked to display the resource consumption trends of the selected computer by linking to the Computer Trends report.
· All columns can be sorted by clicking on the column header.
· All columns can be filtered by clicking the filter icon in the column header.
· The number of items displayed in the grid can be controlled by using the “items per page” dropdown at the bottom of the grid.