The objective of this report is to allow the administrator to analyze remoting protocol latency for user sessions. This report will answer questions such as:
- What is the normative latency range for my network?
- Which branch locations are experiencing high latency issues?
- Are there specific times of day during which latency is high?
By default, the chart in this report displays the distribution of average latency for all user sessions in your network over time.
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
- The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown. Please note that this selector will filter the list of computers on which the remote sessions were established (the target server / virtual desktop).
- By default, one line is displayed in the chart, representing the organizational average latency. By using the dropdown, you can display separate lines for every branch location configured in your ControlUp organization. To define branch location by IP address, open the Branch Mapping Settings tab of the Settings window in ControlUp Console.
- The branches dropdown allows you to select which branches to display in the chart.
- Any data point can be clicked to display the average, minimum and maximum latency values for the time period represented by the data point. Clicking on the “Show Sessions” link will switch to the Session Activity report filtered to display sessions active during the relevant time period.