I would like to get a CPU trace of the ControlUp console/Agent while it is stuck in the Not Responding phase or utilizing high resources.
Please follow these steps to properly capture a CPU trace:
- Download the CPU trace tool (DotTrace) via this link
- Extract the folder to C:\temp on the computer running the console/agent.
- Install the DotTrace tool using this source file.
- Once installed, run the tool as an admin:
- Select the relevant console instance under Attach to Process, select the Timeline option, and click on Run:
- Wait until you reconnect again to your VDA and see the Not Responding issue and/or cuAgent is utilizing a high amount of resources then click on Start:
- Wait until the console is working again (or for 2-3 minute) and then click on Get Snapshot and Wait:
- Once the Timeline viewer app finish loading, export the snapshot and save it to disk.
- You can now exit from the timeline viewer and click on Detach All in the trace utility
- Upload the exported snapshot DTT file via this link