Moving to On-Premises installation will cause a loss to some of ControlUp's Hybrid Cloud features and you will need to arrange additional resources to your network infrastructure. Please review the On-Premises Installation Prerequisites article.
Visit the following article to learn more about ControlUp modes, the deployment and Feature Comparison Matrix chart -> ControlUp Modes
**Make sure to contact your sales person and inform him of this decision as license will need to be changed**.
Moving to On-Premises will require these following steps:
- If you wish to keep the current organization name, you will need to save the current configuration file which is located in %appdata%\ControlUp\Configuration folder. Usually the files extension will be *.v4.xml
- If you want to create a new organization you will need to do the following:
- Issue a new organization name.
- Remove ControlUp Agents from all machines.
- Contact your account manager or ControlUp Support and inform them that you'll need a On-Premises license file.
- New dedicated servers as instructed in installation prerequisites article:
- On-Premises Server
- IOP Server
- SQL Instance or Server
After completing all of the above:
- Remove all agents (ONLY if a new org is being created)
- Uninstall the Monitor
- Uninstall the Console
Then install ControlUp On-Premises using installation guide.
*When installing the Console, best practice is the assign a dedicated AD group as "Owner". If assigning a user, that user will be "Owner" of that organization.