**This article is for ControlUp On-Premises customers only.
IOP database can sometimes be larger than expected.
In those cases it's either the machine ran out of disk space and the IOP displays an error or that the user has noticed that the machine takes a lot of disk space and he wants to check what's happening.
The given DB size by default is 500GB, but it can be configured by the administrator.
DB size can be in various sizes according to how long you want to save data backwards.
To know & calculate your DB size please follow the steps:
- Log into your organizational Insights > Introspection details.
- Look at the "Max daily index volume during time period" - that will show you how much data you're indexing per day.
3. Go to Settings > Index Management. There you'll see the Max DB Size which can be configured.
For example, in a case that you're indexing 400MB~ per day and you want to have 6 months retention saved. 400(mb) x 180(days) = 72,000 = DB will need to be 72GB~.
- Once the DB is at the maximum capacity (72GB) it will automatically delete old files (older then 6 months as set)
- Deleting files manually by a user is NOT recommended.
The DataModels is also in the Settings tab and acts as a warm DB. Data in this DB is saved in order to retrieve it more quickly then older data.
By clicking on "Set acceleration period" you're able to choose how much you want your data models to hold back.