Version 8.1 of ControlUp allows VMware Horizon integration by monitoring and collecting metadata directly from Horizon API. This allows ControlUp to display real-time Horizon specific information.
Native API integration with VMware Horizon enables customers to add Horizon environments to the ControlUp Console in a few clicks, including:
- Automatic discovery of Horizon components in both standard and Cloud Pod architecture.
- Seamless association of Horizon components with entities from different data sources such as hypervisors and in-guest agents for complete line-of-sight from infrastructure to process.
- Connection server health status & license monitoring.
- Enhanced session monitoring with Horizon performance metrics.
- Horizon-focused presets for Horizon Pods, Connection Servers, Pools, Machines, and Sessions views.
- Enhanced Horizon environment management capabilities include new Horizon specific:
- Built-in actions
- Security policy permissions
- Script Actions
- Automated Actions
- Enhanced Virtual Expert rules and recommendations
- For Horizon integration, ControlUp Agent deployment is not required for this discovery process.
- ControlUp Agent is required in order to monitor the performance of your VDIs and Connection Servers, and in order to display processes running on your VDIs and Connection Servers.
Note: Each session discovered by the Horizon connection is counted as 1 ControlUp license.
- Manage Help Desk (Read only)
- Direct Interaction
- Enable Farms and Desktops Pools
- Manage Machine
- Manage Sessions
- Manage Global Sessions (Cloud Pod architecture only)
- 443 open to all Horizon connection servers
- Full Support - VMware Horizon v7.4 and up
- Limited Support - VMware Horizon v7.0 to 7.3