This article outlines the procedure for installing and configuring a self-extracting Citrix Workspace App with an integrated bundle for Remote DX.
7-Zip. Download the installer based on your platform:
7-Zip Extra. Direct download link:
Citrix Workspace App. Download link: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/windows/workspace-app-for-windows-latest.html
Remote DX. Download the Citrix Receiver version from our Download Center: https://downloads.controlup.com/RemoteDX/citrix/windows/curdx_windows_citrix.exe
Run in the 7-Zip installer. By default, 7-Zip is installed in the C:\Program Files\7-Zip directory.
- Extract the 7z920_extra.7z to the folder where you installed 7-Zip, in our case C:\Program Files\7-Zip. When extracted, the file structure must look like this:
- Copy the CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe and curdx_windows_citrix.exe to a folder. Select both files, right-click > 7-Zip > Add to archive.
- In the Add to Archive wizard, specify a new name for the archive. Click OK to start the compression of both files.
- Once the file is created, locate the 7zS.sfx in the 7-Zip installation folder.
- Copy the 7zS.fsx into the folder where you created the new archive. Both files must be located in the same directory:
In the same folder, create a config.txt file and insert the following script:
Title="Citrix Workspace App"
In the same folder, create a new file install.cmd and insert the following text:
- Drag and drop the install.cmd into the new archive and confirm the warning with Yes.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the path where the files are located.
In the command prompt, run the following command.
copy /b 7zS.sfx + config.txt + "CitrixAndRemoteDXinstaller.7z" archive.exe
Note: Replace the name of the .7z file according to the file name you created.This command creates a new self-extracting file (archive.exe) that includes the 7Zs.sfx, config.txt, and the archived 7zip file:
- Install the bundle and confirm that the installation was successful by pressing WIN + R. Type appwiz.cpl and check if the Citrix Workspace App and Remote DX appear.