This article describes the steps required to upgrade your ControlUp Hybrid Cloud infrastructure from v8.x to v8.x.
Prior to upgrading, it is crucial that you:
- Have a new and executable version of the console.
- Back up the ControlUp configuration folder (%AppData%\ControlUp).
- Ensure that all data collectors are up to date and compatible with the console/monitor version.
- Ensure the compatibility of the data collectors. For more information see here.
Prior to upgrading the Hybrid Cloud, close any ControlUp console instances that might be running and launch the new console executable, and enter your login credentials and log on to your existing organization.
To upgrade the ControlUp Monitors:
- From the ControlUp Management Console screen click the Settings ribbon and then Monitors and the Manage ControlUp Monitors screen appears.
- From the monitor tab, you can see under Details that the versions are mismatched.
- Select the monitor to be upgraded by right-clicking on it and select Upgrade, and the monitor will start the upgrade.
To upgrade the ControlUp Data Collectors:
- Locate the machines which are configured as the data collectors in the folder structure. Right-click on the machine and select Agent Control and choose Upgrade Remote Agent and the agent on the machine will be upgraded.
To upgrade the ControlUp Agents:
- We recommend having the agents upgraded as well to meet the same version as the other components and to have the latest fixes, features, and enhancements.
- You can perform the upgrade to all agents from the console as follows:
- Right-click the organization name and select to upgrade all agents.
- If you are using Citrix PVS, MCS, or VMware Linked Clones images in your organization, you can download the ControlUp Agent MSI from this link and deploy it on the image itself.
- ControlUp supports backward compatibility for the agents so it's not mandatory to upgrade the agents right away.
Data Collector Compatibility
As mentioned above, it is crucial to ensure the compatibility of the data collectors. It's best practice to have dedicated machines as a data collector, however, by default, the console and monitor fill this role. In order to find out which settings hold the data collector role, follow the steps below.
- From the directory tree, right-click your hypervisors connection, XenDesktop site, or NetScaler appliance and click Connection Settings and the Edit Connection tab appears.
- Open the dropdown of the data collectors by pressing on the down arrow.
If the table contains ControlUp Console/Monitor, then there is no dedicated data collector.
If the table contains a machine name, that machine is the data collector and the agent on that machine needs to be upgraded.
- Search for the data collectors in the directory tree. If a data collector is not up to date, it appears with this icon next to it.
- Update the data collector by right-clicking it and selecting Agent Control > Upgrade Remote Agent and the data collectors will be updated.
If you require any assistance with the upgrade procedure or have a question, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org