This article will guide you through the ControlUp On-Premises (COP) server installation using the on-premises server installation wizard.
Before launching the on-premises server installation program, ensure that all COP prerequisites are met.
To install an on-premises server:
- Run the ControlUp On-Premises installation wizard with administrative privileges. From the introductory screen, click Continue to begin the installation process.
- Select the appropriate license and then click Continue.
Trial license: This option activates the 21-days trial. It includes all features of the product.
Paid license: Use this option, if your organization has already signed an agreement to use ControlUp.
- From the Configure a License screen, enter your personal information and click Continue.
Note: The organization name cannot be changed in the future since it is hardcoded. Resetting the organization name will create a new configuration file which means that all settings/modifications will be reset to default settings.
- Copy the path or use the Browse button to select the destination folder for the installation. Confirm your input by clicking Continue.
- Use the text box or click Browse to select a valid username from your Active Directory (AD) domain. This account will be granted the Log On as a Service privilege. Enter the password for this AD user and click Continue.
- The On-Premise installation requires an SQL Server database. Choose your preferred installation type below and click Continue.
Light Mode: Installs MS SQL Server Express Edition and creates the ControlUp database on the same server that you currently run the installation wizard on.
Production Mode: Select this option, if you already have an SQL instance with an empty database installed.
- If Light Mode is selected, the Scripts Action Import window is shown (Step 9). If Production Mode was chosen, provide the database details in the ControlUp Database window:
SQL Server: The hostname or IP address of the SQL Server.
Port: The SQL communication port. By default, 1433.
Select the authentication for accessing the SQL Server:
Use Windows Integrated Authentication: A domain user that is granted SQL login permission. This user must be a member of the db_owner database role.
Use SQL Authentication: A dedicated SQL user that must be set up in advance. This user must be a member of the db_owner database role.
- In the Scripts Action Import window, browse to the path of the script library file that is provided with the COP installation files, then click Continue.
If you do not want to import any script actions, you can skip this step and click Continue.
- In the VE & AA Import window, browse to the path of the ldif file, which is provided with the COP installation files, then click Continue.
If you do not want to import any Virtual Expert rules and Automated Actions, you can skip this step and click Continue.
- In the Mail Server Settings window, enter
SMTP Server: The IP address or FQDN of your SMTP Server.
Sender: The sender’s mail address that is used for sending notification emails.
Enter the authentication details for the SMTP Server:
User: Username for connecting to the SMTP Server.
Password: The user's password.
If your SMTP server allows anonymous login, check the Connect Anonymously checkbox.
You can also skip the configuration of the SMTP Server by clicking the Skip button.
- Select the AD group, which consists of all authorized ControlUp users. The dialog will automatically populate the field with the current domain name\user group. If you want to change the group, click Browse and select another AD group. To confirm the group, click Continue.
- To configure the Insights On-Premises, enter the following information and click Continue.
Insights Server: The FQDN or IP address of the Insights server.
Port: By default 443.
Activity Files Folder: The location for storing files uploaded from the monitors to IOP.
Backup Files Location: Used to store the zip files that the monitor creates when archiving the data.
If you have not installed Insights On-Premises, check the Skip ControlUp Insights On-premises installation radio button and click Continue.
Note: The selected Activity File Folder path can be a shared location (UNC path) or a local path. If a local path is selected, the monitor, once deployed, will automatically create that folder location on the targeted machine.
- In the SOLVE On-Premise Configuration, enter the FQDN or IP address of your SOLVE Server. You can also skip the configuration of the SOLVE server by checking the Skip ControlUp SOLVE On-Premises installation radio button. Click Continue to confirm your input.
- Review the installation details and click Install to execute the installation.
Once the installation is completed, a confirmation screen appears. Click Close to the installation wizard.