App Usage Details Report
New Data Pipeline
For this iteration, you can view the On-Premises reports, Top Insights reports, and all Citrix reports only in legacy format.
Use the report to answer questions such as:
- How many concurrent instances of an application were used in my organization?
- What were the peak times when applications were used heavily? Are they recurring, or caused by specific users?
- Can my organization achieve savings by procuring less than the utilized amount of application licenses?
- Was slowness reported by a user at 9:00 AM caused by peak concurrent instances of running applications?
The report provides the following functionalities:
- You can display data for a specific ControlUp folder. By default, the report displays app usage details for your entire organization.
- Select a machine in the selected folder. By default, all machines in the folder are selected.
- Select applications in the selected folder as needed.
- Select versions of the selected application as needed.
- You can group the usage details by user or by machine. By default, user grouping is selected.
Group by user or by machine is a new view added to this data pipeline report.
- You can click a data point in the Concurrent Application Instances chart to view the number of instances and the user names of the top consumers of the selected application. See below for more details.
- You can click and drag the mouse across a specific time period on the chart to zoom in on that time period.
- You can click an application name on the bottom of the chart to highlight or toggle the application on the chart.
Peak Concurrent Instances
Solve updates application data every five minutes in order to provide high granularity of your environment’s application usage. The Concurrent Application Instances chart displays the peak concurrency usage of application instances by calculating the total sum of processes that ran only in both the first and last seconds of each five minute interval, in the selected time range.
If a process ends before the last second of a five minute interval, Solve doesn’t count it as a peak concurrent instance in the chart. Solve counts such processes as total instances that ran in the selected time range in the Usage Details grid below the chart.
If you click a data point in the chart, the Number of Instances popover displays the number of peak concurrent instances as “0” if no process ran in both the first and last seconds of each five minute interval in the selected time range. The chart always displays the total sum of unique users for all processes that ran in the selected time range, including for processes that ran less than five minutes.
The App Usage Details report contains the following columns. By default, the Usage Details grid is sorted by total instances in descending order. You can click any user or machine name to display data only for that user or machine.
|User Name||Name of the user that ran the selected application.|
|Machine Name||Name of the machine that ran the selected application.|
|Total Instances||Total number of application instances run by the user or the machine.|
|Unique Users||Number of unique users that ran the application on the machine.|
|Unique Machines||Number of unique machines used by the user.|
|Version||Name of the application versions run by the user.|