User Sessions Activity
The objective of this report is to allow the administrator to analyze the activity of end users in the monitored system by showing properties of all user sessions that were recorded during the selected time period (last 24 hours by default). This report will answer questions such as:
- Which sessions did John Doe establish on the system yesterday?
- Who are the users logging in from the 10.15.x.x subnet in the past week?
- Who are the users suffering from the slowest logins in the past month?
The data grid in this report displays the following details for every user session:
- User name – the Windows username of the session’s owner
- Computer name – the target computer on which the session was established
- Session ID – the Windows identifier for the session
- Logon time – the time on which the session was established (the beginning of the logon process)
- Logoff time – this column might display one of the following values:
- The time when the user session was terminated
- “Still Active” if the user session was still active when last detected by ControlUp
- A timestamp with an information “i" icon means that the exact session logoff time is unknown to ControlUp. For example, this might occur if a user session is established on a monitored laptop, and then the user takes the laptop offsite and logs the session off when the computer is not monitored.
- Session duration – the time elapsed between the logon time and the logoff time
- Logon duration – the time elapsed between successful user authentication and the time when the desktop was fully initialized or a published application started
- Max latency – the maximum protocol latency recorded during the session lifetime
- Initial program – the published application name (if used)
- Initial client name – the name of the computer from which the session was initiated
- Initial client IP – the IP address of the computer from which the session was initiated
- Initial receiver version – the software version of Citrix Receiver (if used) using which the session was initiated
- Active time – the percentage of time (of total session lifetime) during which the session was in the Active state and was idle for less than 30 minutes
- Idle time – the percentage of time (of total session lifetime) during which the session was idle for at least 30 minutes
- Disconnected time – the percentage of time (of total session lifetime) during which the session was in the Disconnected state
- Profile load time – the time elapsed during the process of loading the user’s profile (part of the logon duration period)
- Group Policy load time – the time elapsed during user group policy initialization (part of the logon duration period)
- Desktop load time – the time elapsed during the initialization of the desktop shell (part of the logon duration period)
- Logon duration (other) – the time elapsed during the initialization of other logon components (third-party printing and profile management solutions)
- User logon server – the name of the Active Directory domain controller which was used to authenticate the user
By default, the grid is sorted by logoff time in descending order.
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
- The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown.
- Any user name can be clicked to display the details of the selected user session by linking to the Session Details report. For more details, see below.
- All columns can be sorted by clicking on the column header
- All columns can be filtered by clicking the filter icon in the column header
- The number of items displayed in the grid can be controlled by using the “items per page” dropdown at the bottom of the grid