Access Edge DX Device Data from the Solve Real-Time Session Grid
This is the first of many features we are planning here at ControlUp to bring the full end-to-end digital experience of your end-users to your screen and to your fingertips. You can deliver the best DEX to your end-users more easily than ever.
Now you can access the Edge DX Devices page directly from the Solve Real-Time session grid.
This feature is now available to all of our Solve customers, when the following prerequisites are met:
- The endpoint device is running Windows.
- The Edge DX Agent is installed on the endpoint device. For details, see Edge DX Agent Distribution and Installation.
- The Remote DX client is installed on the endpoint device. For details, see Remote DX - Client Device Metrics.
- The Edge DX Agent is connected to an Edge Tenant within the same Solve environment you are using.
- An active user session is running on the endpoint device through a ControlUp managed machine within the same Solve environment - this means that ControlUp Agent data is available for the session.
- The ControlUp Monitor version is 8.5 or higher. (Version 8.5 is the first version that supports Remote DX data.)
When the above prerequisites are met for an endpoint device and a user session running on it, the session information is shown in the Solve Real-Time session grid, Remote DX data is available for the session, and you can drill down to the endpoint device in Edge DX and continue troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting and Drilldown
To drill down to an endpoint device in Edge DX from Solve:
- Right-click a user session which meets all the prerequisites listed above.
- Click Physical Endpoint.
For Citrix sessions only, another way to drill down to an endpoint device displayed in Edge DX from Solve, is to:
- Click on the user session to drill down into the session.
- In the session drilldown view, click the Endpoint button.
Whether you right-click on a user session and click Physical Endpoint, or click on a user session and then the Endpoint button, as described above, the Edge DX Device drill-down page opens, displaying the device data for the endpoint device.