The ControlUp agent fails the uninstall process.
The Agent was originally installed via MSI package and you tried to remove it via the console or with MSI package of a different ControlUp agent version.
This might lead to MSI data base corruption in addition to missing registry keys or files in the file system.
First thing you need to know is that an agent deployed by the Console can be removed from the Console but an agent installed by MSI package can only be removed by the MSI package and not from the Console.
- Please run the same MSI package (you originally used to install the agent), to remove it. (for previous console \ agent versions - click here)
- If that fails try to repair by the MSI package and then remove.
- You can also go to add\remove programs and right click the agent and choose to remove.
- If you get to a point the agent cannot be removed, please find attached to this article a batch file which will help you remove it. Please download it and run in the CMD.exe as administrator. (The script should remove all relevant smart-x keys)
Use this PowerShell script linked here. (also linked at the bottom).
- In general you need to manually remove all smart-x registry keys and file system folders\files.
- To workaround the MSI data base corruption, if that is the case you can also try and uninstall the msi package with the attached tool - Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (msicuu2.zip)
- A customer also reported that he was able to remove the agent once he enabled the local windows firewall, you can try that as well.
- If you do not see the attachments, please open the article in a new tab.
For more information about agent deployment issues, be sure to check out our short video - Troubleshooting Agent Deployment Issues
To download the latest ControlUp Agent MSI click here