Application Trends Report
The objective of this report is to allow the administrator to analyze resource consumption trends of an application by displaying the performance metrics for different versions over time. This report answers questions such as:
- What was the average CPU utilization of OUTLOOK.EXE yesterday?
- What was the peak I/O utilization of IEXPLORE.EXE this morning?
This report displays the following charts:
- CPU Utilization – displays the average CPU utilization for all selected application instances over time
- RAM Utilization – displays the average RAM utilization for all selected application instances over time
- I/O Utilization – displays the average I/O usage for all selected application instances over time (network and disk I/O combined)
The following additional functionality is offered by this report:
- The folder selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on a folder in your ControlUp organization. By default, data for the entire organization is shown.
- The computers selection dropdown allows for focusing the result of the report on specific computers in your ControlUp organization.
- The version selection dropdown allows for focusing on one or more versions of the process.
- Any data point in the charts can be clicked to reveal the minimum, average, and maximum values for any data series.
- When clicked, any data point allows drilling down to the App Usage Details report.
- The series names in the charts legends can be clicked to highlight or toggle the series on the charts.
More details about Data Resolution in Insights Reports can be found here