Deploy Remote DX - Client Metrics Monitoring
ControlUp extends our monitoring capabilities by enabling you to now monitor remote client devices when they are logged into your virtual network. For details about the feature, see Remote DX - Client Metrics.
To enable Remote DX, you deploy the relevant files onto the remote devices based on your environment. The files are available in our Download Center. You can also provide a link to this page to end users to install Remote DX onto their devices.
The Remote DX feature can monitor Windows, macOS, HP ThinPro and IGEL devices connected to:
- VMware Horizon
- Citrix Receiver/Workspace App
For details on deployment with links to the download files, see these relevant articles:
- Deploy Remote DX - HP ThinPro (VMware)
- Deploy Remote DX - HP ThinPro (Citrix)
- Deploy Remote DX - IGEL (VMware)
- Deploy Remote DX -IGEL (Citrix)
Prerequisites and operating systems
To enable the feature, you must deploy the relevant files onto the client device machines you want to monitor.
For metrics to be monitored from the remote devices, the VMware or Citrix machine to which the device connects must have the ControlUp Agent installed .
The following operation systems are supported for these EUC environments. They include links to the various deployment instructions:
VMware Horizon Client:
- Windows 10 and above 64 bit
- MacOS 10.13.6 and above
- IGEL 11.3 and above
- VMware Horizon Client 5.0.0 and above
Access the latest deployment files from the ControlUp Downloads Center . Select the one for your EUC.
Here's a video to guide you:
If you want to perform the installation remotely, you can choose from the following options:
/silent - Installation wizard and background window aren't displayed, but the installation progress window is.
/verysilent - Installation wizard, background window, and installation progress window will not be displayed.
If your users are installing directly, when the user opens the .exe file, the installation process begins.
Agree to the End User License Agreement.
Click Install to begin the installation.
Click Finish and the monitoring can begin once the client device is connected to your environment.
Here's a video to guide you:
Download the .pkg installer file from the ControlUp Downloads Center .
- In our ControlUp Downloads Center under either VMware Horizon Client or Citrix Receiver , click the MacOS link to download the .pkg file.
- Double-click the downloaded .pkg file to begin the deployment process.
- In the Introduction dialog, click Continue .
- In the Software License Agreement dialog, click the link to view the license and then click Continue .
- Click Agree to accept the ControlUp license agreement.
- Optionally click Change Install Location if you want to change the default. Click Install.
- Enter the user's credentials and click Install Software.
- Click Close.
Once the client device is connected to your EUC environment, you can begin getting monitored information on this device.