Scheduled triggers is a new option you can select when configuring triggers in the Real-Time Console. You can set a schedule for when a chosen action is triggered, based on a one time or hourly schedule that you define. With scheduled triggers you can initiate a wide range of actions.
You can schedule and run two types of actions:
1. Run an action (“follow-up action”) at a time or schedule of your choice.
Use case example:
- Power off and power on machines every morning.
2. Run a follow-up action at a time or schedule of your choice, based on certain conditions (“filter editor”).
Use case examples:
- Run a daily health check script action based on monitored metrics and send an output to selected recipients.
- Daily reboot VDA at 2 am if there are no active sessions for 15 minutes.
You configure scheduled triggers in the Real-Time Console > Setting > Triggers > Add Trigger wizard.
To configure a scheduled trigger:
- Select the schedule: One time or Hourly with a 1-24 hour interval range.
- (Optional) Configure conditions for your trigger using the Filter editor.
- Define the scope - the resources to which the trigger applies - and further refine the schedule for when the action occurs or recurs. For example, you may want to limit the schedule to Monday to Friday only.
- Define the follow-up actions, which include the following options:
- Dump view/s to disk
- Record as event in the Application Log
- Send an e-mail alert using a local SMTP server
- Run an action - a script action
5. Name your trigger.
For more information on how to configure scheduled triggers, see Trigger Settings.